Success Stories

Read how Onside have helped change lives...

Success story image

"Onside made a real difference."

Read More


If you would like to show support for Onside and make a donation, please click the button below. Or if you would like to Donate £5 to Onside text 'OIAW14 £5' to 70070.

Make a Donation button


Are you unhappy with the NHS care or treatment you have received in the last 12 months?

Onside IHCA (Independent Health Complaints Advocacy) is a service to support people who want to complain about their NHS care or treatment.

Onside IHCA (was ICAS) is a free and independent service. We are a specialist service that knows how to help you get your complaint heard. The complaint must be about NHS care and treatment that have taken place in the last 12 months.

This Onside IHCA service is provided by Onside Advocacy, a local, independent organisation with over 20 years experience of delivering advocacy services.

Question and Answers

How can you help me?

Onside IHCA will provide you with access to someone who will listen to you, understand your situation and help you to make a complaint about NHS care and treatment. This person is called an advocate.

Can Onside IHCA help with other complaints?

NO. This is for NHS (National Health Service) care and treatment only.

What will the advocate do?

Listen to your complaint and help your voice to be heard. They can:

  • Explain how the NHS complaints procedure works.
  • Help you write letters and make telephone calls for you.
  • Help you prepare for meetings and attend them with you.
  • Provide an interpreter or translation if required.

What does NHS care and treatment include?

Services provided by a doctor, dentist, nurse, pharmacist or an optician, and services within a hospital and ambulance service.

Why do we have this service?

Everyone has the right to complain independently about NHS healthcare and treatment. This service includes people who are in prison.

How do I ask for help?

Simply email us  and please remember to include your full name or call on 0844 248 9248 (local charged number)

Is my complaint form confidential?

YES. All correspondence with Onside IHCA is confidential.

Guide to making a NHS Complaint.pdf

Health Watch Worcestershire

Health Watch Herefordshire


Want to help?

Contact us today to find out how you can help change somebody’s life.

Contact us button

Need help?

Contact us to find out more about our free, confidential and independent service.

Contact us button