People Like Us (PLUS)
Combatting Loneliness and Isolation in Worcestershire
People Like Us (PLUS) is a service that works across Worcestershire to support adults of all ages who are experiencing loneliness or isolation. PLUS enables individuals to connect with others and supports them to become more active and engaged in their communities.
• The PLUS service is open to everyone who is:
- Registered with a GP Practice in Worcestershire
- Experiencing significant loneliness
• Anyone can make a referral including self-referral
• Referrals can be made by phone to the access team or using the simple referral form via email, this can be accessed here: Download Plus Referral Form then simply email the completed form back to us at: email@example.com
How the service works
• A member of the PLUS team will contact the person, tell them a bit more about the service and complete a short questionnaire. If the service is right for them and they are eligible then a member of the team will arrange a visit to discuss in more detail how the service can help
• A PLUS Case Worker will meet the person and create a personalised plan based on a guided conversation. This will identify factors that have led to the current situation and ways in which they would like to connect with other people, including activities and opportunities for engagement. If other support needs are identified these will be explored and information will be provided or referrals made to appropriate services
• In most cases support will be provided by a trained volunteer. If someone has particularly complex needs or there are other complicating factors then one of the Case Worker team may provide support or co-work with a volunteer.
• Support will include mentoring and coaching to build confidence, sourcing information, accompanying to activities, exploring opportunities such as training or volunteering, and provision of opportunities for mutual and peer support.
• The length of support provided by PLUS will vary to reflect individual needs but in most cases will not be longer than 6 months. There is flexibility for people who require additional support and it is possible for people to return to the service if other needs arise or circumstances change.
• We will follow up with people who have had support 6 months after they have left the service to see how they are getting on.
Feel free to contact us for more info:
Phone: 01905 27525 or 07485312463